Oil Painting on Canvas, 73x61cm, 2020


I
西域之奇,端坐玉璽
天圓地方,從此中央
髪綹婘婘,星子流翦
金輝閃動,慕猊黑瞳
木塔岸然,秋穗宛宛
新冠棄揚,楚楚褐裳
且飲麥酒,卻怛忘憂
白花醉嗝,迭聲當歌
詩句獅踞,肌理師矩
壯麗蒼穹,狻猊獨鐘

註:
1. 獅子非中土原生,傳張騫出使西域後傳入,古稱狻猊(音,酸你!)
婘,髪捲美好狀。
2. 慕猊黑瞳,聯想德國「慕尼黑」公園裡,有座中國五層原木寶塔,建於18世紀。彼時西方猶崇仰中國文明,視之為上國。公園廣場有咖啡座亦供啤酒。
3啤酒花似小白花。小白花,德國名曲。
4. 「當歌」為德語「謝謝」的諧音。
5鐘與鍾,字形字義可轉換。既是專注的愛,也喻獅吼。

4/4/2020


II   The tale of a lone lion  孤獅故事

I once encountered a lone lion, 
我與孤獅曾相逢

Our visions twisted in my brain. 
目光糾結我腦中

It conjured me with all the charms, 
牠以迷人咒語召喚,

Has it changed after all these years
這些年來牠可有變?

Try to stand itself an obelisk still,  
仍挺立如巨碑方尖,

Or inscribe its will with crow quill?
或以烏鴉羽寫遺言?

It is said life is many a splendor,
有謂生命如此多彩,

Moonlight outshines its grandeur. 
其榮顯被月光掩蓋。

 I remember its mane as marcel,  
我記得牠鬃毛如浪,

The eyes cast out a golden chill. 
雙眸射出冷冽金光。

A pagoda perched upon the dune,
一座塔棲在沙丘上面,

Its eaves tinged with color marine.  
 它的簷淡染海水藍。

Its paws scratched the undulate land,
牠的爪撓抓波狀大地,

The pictographs beyond my command.
那象形字我不很熟悉。

The sacred secret was rooted in me
從此根植神聖秘密,

I transform myself into it gradually.  
我變形成牠, 逐漸地。

So it seems, our visions twisted 
  似是這樣,我們目光糾結

Due to some karma predestined. 
由於某種命定宿業。


It was gifted with all the grace on earth, 
牠具世上所有異秉,

A scrap of lure would cause my death.
一點誘惑足以致我命。

A lion is a lion is a lion, 
一隻獅子是一隻獅子是一隻獅子,

A beast from the enigmatic noble line. 
高貴神獸其來有自。

No, I didn’t enter its territory then, 
不,當時我沒進入其轄地。

I always keep my distance from a lion. 
我總與獅子保持距離。

I knew exactly where I should stand, 
我確知我的立點,

Thus refrained from being devoured. 
吞噬之災方才免。

Now I can see it pricks up all ears, 
現我看到牠將耳朵豎立
Tries so hard to recall the memories. 
很努力試著回憶。)

I was awed by its whimsicality, 
我驚異牠的無常,

Or I shall say the versatility. 
或者該說多樣。

The moment it sensed my existence, 
牠感應我存在的那刻,

I hardly fell a prey to jungle laws.
我險些受害叢林法則。

I was trapped by hyenas in a valley,
我在山谷被豺狼所困,

The lion might snuff them out easily . 
獅子能輕易滅掉牠們。

Then I realized it’s my own battle,
之後了解這是自己的戰役,

I started to sneer them down to hell.
我開始嘲弄牠們不留餘地。
 
Sure, they won the right to share dirt, 
牠們贏了分髒的權利,

Definitely they are still enjoying it,
肯定還繼續在享受哩;

Lo and behold! How low they are
瞧呀!多低下的物種!

I left the valley with a lion-like air.
離開時我帶著獅般的神情。

The first time ever I saw the lion, 
當我與那獅子初相見,

It sniffed out I’m kindred with its line.
牠即嗅出我系出同源

Oh, maybe it’s only an imagination, 
噢,那或許只是個幻夢,

I once encountered a lone lion.
我與孤獅曾相逢。

4/5/2020





About Me 簡介

My photo
作家/畫家/雕塑家 ‖ 美國大學藝術史講師-教學評鑒特優 ‖ 美國《世界日報》專欄作家,「刁觀點」時論畫評 ‖ 舊金山藝術學院藝術碩士。